G S Hong Surgical Care Pte Ltd
290 Orchard Road #09-05 To 06 Paragon Singapore 238859
- FRCS (Glasgow)
- MSc (Human Molecular Genetics)
- FAMS (General Surgery)
- Dr Hong Ga Sze was born in Singapore in 1959. He was educated in the Raffles Institution, a premier Singapore secondary school. He went on to study Medicine at the National University of Singapore from which he graduated with Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery in 1983. His surgical training culminated in him becoming a member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, Scotland in 1988 and a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore in 1998.
- Dr Hong Ga Sze had by then acquired an interest in surgical oncology, i.e. cancer surgery. Under the Human Manpower Development Plan awarded by the Singapore Government, Dr Hong underwent post-graduate training in surgical oncology in the United Kingdom from 1991 to 1993. He worked as a Senior Registrar in the Royal Marsden Hospital, London and Christie Hospital, Manchester. Both are top UK cancer hospitals.
- While in London, he advanced his knowledge and research interests in cancer genetics by obtaining a Master of Science in Human Molecular Genetics from the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, St Mary's Hospital, University of London in 1992.
- Dr Hong was appointed a Surgical Consultant in the Singapore General Hospital in 1995 and Senior Surgical Consultant in 1999. He became the first full time surgeon of the National Cancer Centre, Singapore in 1999. He helped develop the National Cancer Centre by holding the posts of Clinical Co-ordinator as well as the founding Head of the Department of Cancer Informatics. Dr Hong left for private practice at the Mt Elizabeth Medical Centre in 2001. Due to his interests in teaching and research he accepted an appointment as Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Surgery National University Hospital, National University of Singapore in 2001. Since 2005 Dr Hong is the Head of the KK Breast Unit at the Kandang Kerbau Women's and Children's Hospital. The Unit was established in June 2005 and is the only Department dedicated to breast care in Singapore.
- In 2010, Dr Hong is appointed an Attending Faculty, General Surgery, Residency Program, SingHealth Academy. Dr Hong is a member of the Inquiry Committee Panel and Disciplinary Committee Panel, Singapore Supreme Court since 1 December 2003.
Health articles shared by Dr Hong Ga Sze
No shared articles found